- 1). Unscrew the lid from a new 55 gallon plastic barrel. You can select any size of barrel for this task, but a large one is ideal for capturing large amounts of water. Put the lid in storage.
- 2). Measure the diameter of the opening of the barrel. A standard plastic, 55 gallon barrel typically has a mouth measuring 12 to 18 inches in diameter.
- 3). Cut a square of plastic mesh from the roll measuring approximately 18-by-18-inches, or at least 2 inches bigger on all sides than the diameter of the barrel mouth. Like the barrels, you can purchase this plastic mesh at hardware stores or gardening supply stores.
- 4). Press the mesh, centered, over the opening of the barrel. Allow the edges of the mesh to drape over the side of the barrel.
- 5). Wrap a 12-inch long, hooked bungee cord around the ridge of the opening of the barrel, securing the mesh in place. If you don't have a 12-inch long hooked bungee cord, use two 6-inch long cords and hook the ends together.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- The Best Landmarks of the Peak District
- Villa Vacation Rentals On Ibiza Island
- Cruise to Copenhagen and Explore the Carlsberg Brewery
- Cycling Holiday North Wales
- Ranthambore National Park Amazing Place To Visit In Rajasthan
- Car Rental Companies About Pick Up Times?
- Things to See and Do at Pembrokshire"s Poppit Sands
- Planning Your Cambodian Vacation
- Attractive Spain Villa Rental
- Cultural Tour in India Assure a Good Feast of World Famous Culture
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us