- 1). Unscrew the lid from a new 55 gallon plastic barrel. You can select any size of barrel for this task, but a large one is ideal for capturing large amounts of water. Put the lid in storage.
- 2). Measure the diameter of the opening of the barrel. A standard plastic, 55 gallon barrel typically has a mouth measuring 12 to 18 inches in diameter.
- 3). Cut a square of plastic mesh from the roll measuring approximately 18-by-18-inches, or at least 2 inches bigger on all sides than the diameter of the barrel mouth. Like the barrels, you can purchase this plastic mesh at hardware stores or gardening supply stores.
- 4). Press the mesh, centered, over the opening of the barrel. Allow the edges of the mesh to drape over the side of the barrel.
- 5). Wrap a 12-inch long, hooked bungee cord around the ridge of the opening of the barrel, securing the mesh in place. If you don't have a 12-inch long hooked bungee cord, use two 6-inch long cords and hook the ends together.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Vista Compatible Ethernet Adapters
- List of Good Advantages of Cellphones
- Your Full Time SEO Staff With SEnuke
- Looking to Get SEO Services? Then Go for Outsource Option
- Steps For Loss Weight Naturally
- Free Girl Games Download. Play Girl Games Online For Free to Explore Endless Enjoyment
- Local SEO Tips for Your Business
- You Should Know About Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and It's Importance
- How to Hide an IP Address in IRC
- How to Upload Photos Onto a Website
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us